In this article, you can learn about simple steps for the Linksys Velop extender setup. You can easily install the Linksys Velop Wi-Fi system using the Linksys app. we will also tell you how to add more nodes in order to increase the speed and connectivity of your Velop system.
how to set up Linksys Velop extender ?
You must have an active internet connection for the Linksys Velop setup. Also, you must have a broadband modem. Your primary node will be connected to the modem.
- Download and install the Velop app on your Android or Apple device.
- Connect the internet modem to Velop with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Plug the node into a power source and turn it on.
- You will see a blue blinking LED. When the blue LED light is stable, it means that the node is turned On.
- You can now begin setting up the primary node of your Linksys Velop extender.
- Open the Linksys app and select the ‘Velop System’ from the option.
- Agree to terms and conditions to continue and Tap ‘Next’
- The app will now select your internet connection type automatically. You can even choose the option to select the internet connection type manually.
- You can create a Linksys Velop account. Provide the email address and password for creating a new Velop account.
- Click on ‘Login’ after completing the Linksys Velop sign in steps.
- You will find the option to change the wireless network settings of the extender. provide the SSID and password for your Linksys Velop Wifi network.
- It may now ask you to connect your mobile device to the Velop network. You can enter the password that you’ve just created to connect to the Velop network.
- You can now select the location where you want to place your primary node.
- Now, you will now get a successful message saying that the Linksys Velop extender setup is completed.
Linksys Velop setup- wired
Once your primary node is added, you can add more nodes to the Velop system. to connect the additional node to the primary node, you can use a wired connection.
- Complete the setup process of a primary node using the Linksys Velop app.
- Now, you can add a secondary node using the Linksys app.
- Place the secondary node to the location where you receive slow wifi signals and connect it to a power source.
- Connect the primary node to the secondary node by using an Ethernet cable.
Linksys Velop setup- wireless
After adding the primary node, you can add more nodes to the Velop network. If you do not have an Ethernet cable, you can use a wireless method for creating a connection.
Two nodes can communicate with each other wirelessly. Make sure you have placed the nodes far away from each other. The app will instruct you with the best location to place your other nodes.
These were simple steps for how to set up Linksys Velop extender. in case, you are looking for more details regarding your Linksys Velop extender, you can reach to our technical team and take their help.